Melancholic Rhetoric

Monday, June 12, 2006

Red eyes.. red face.. red feet.. red nose...

Basically.. everything's red and sore for me today.. Went for silat class.. Since i'm the resident "Hafiz-Chan the test dummy".. I had to be the "guinea pig" for every new defence move.. Being a "test dummy" isn't at all nice u y'know.. U'd be the centre of attention as the other pupils watch as u get thrown on the mat, get a limb twisted into submission or get dragged across the carpeted floor as the instructor demonstrates the new move.. Why am i known as "Hafiz-Chan"..?? Coz i always have to participate in sparring contests with the instructor, my cousin, as he demonstrates new moves or techniques.. Not knowing wat he'll do to me for every new move.. I have to do "stunts", "somersaults" here and there in anticipation of the execution of the new move.. This acrobatic stunts have earned me the name "Hafiz-Chan".. I have to sacrifice my body as it gets hurt for the students to watch and learn.. Today was no different.. I got dragged across the carpeted floor.. As my cousin twisted me right arm and demonstrated the new technique.. The dragging.. well... the dragging burned my feet.. it was one of those carpet burns.. Damn.. they're painful.. Everytime i wash my feet.. i'l grimace in pain.. Red, sore feet...

Red eyes, red face and red nose... Dunno why when i woke up in the morning.. my eyes were bloodshot.. they weren't painful at all.. But it was really evident.. Then i came down with something.. i dunno lahh.. flu.. fever.. watever u wanna call it.. I had a damn runny nose which explains my red nose.. Then lunch was oh so terrible.. I couldn't have my favourite.. So i tried another dish.. And the horrid, oily taste really spoiled my day..Who the hell makes soup with frying oil.. The soup definitely tasted that way.. I had a sore throat after that.. My whole face turned red.. I could barely talk..I instantaneously fell sick.. Felt really half dead.. Even now.. i watch myself in the mirror of my nearby closet.. My Half Dead Red Self...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home