Melancholic Rhetoric

Monday, December 11, 2006

Second part to weekend writeout.. the sunday edition..

Still all happy and cheerful over what i have accomplished with esther yesterday.. literally skipped to school.. went for training.. with the intention of taking AAS shootout score.. asked GL to call mr wee to tell him about the limb problem.. and dunno how ahh.. the conversation ended up with mr wee deciding to come down for training.. i had to rush to get my bow from home.. so i shot 30m 80 face for the time being as i got prepared to take shootout score and also for mr wee to come down.. then.. DR told me that shootout score taking was taken from 50m first.. so i had to go to 50m and shot preparation ends..

And just when i was about to take score.. Mr wee came down.. rachel was delighted to finally meet the man that i was always describing to her as the nicest experienced archer-coach who always gives advice.. and he gave her and adelia some advice and master teachings.. then i brought to him the cracked limbs..

Mr Wee: " Ohh.. don't worry..looks like the glue has worn off.. the previous user cracked the limbs and i fixed them by glueing it together and clamping it down.. don't worry.. come.. string it up.."
Hafiz: "Ok, Mr Wee.." *nods head and zips off to string up his bow*
Hafiz strings up his bow.. the top limb bends.. he presents it to Mr Wee..
Mr Wee: "Ohh.. this is bad.. this is terrible.. the top limb is badly bent.. tsk tsk.. it must have cracked internally.." *takes of glasses to scrutinise limbs* "Yes.. it's cracked internally.. see here.." *points along the crack*.. " Tsk tsk.. this is bad.. such a pity.. this pair cannot be used anymore.. nvm.. not to worry.. i'll get u another pair of limbs.. someone is returning the limbs i lent to them.. today.. tonight.. don't worry about.. here.. go and unstring it.."
Hafiz complies to him

So i proceed to continue 50m.. shot with BK.. then next thing i knew.. mr wee was standing in front of me.. watching me as i shoot.. then he made changes.. he told me my release mistake which is a downward to upwards blast.. and he made a change to my form.. he told me to **********************************************************... secret advice.. ehehehehhehe.. but it was damn hiong orr.. using the new technique at 50m.. it works marvels.. i got 2 Xs at 50m i took a photo of them but i never recorded it in my score coz i was still getting used to the new technique.. too bad lorr.. it was nice.. it was damn tiring as well.. even when mr wee left me alone.. i knew he was watching me as i shot when he was with the c-class archers when they went to retrieve their arrows.. he even told them that i had potential.. aaahhh..!! the flattery..

I had a great day in training today.. the new technique is simply marvellous.. took my AAS score.. 50m 122 face is a rather marvellous score for me.. 259/360.. my 30m 80cm face was rather disappointing coz i was really jaded when i took it.. a disappointing 263/360..=(..

















My 2 Xs at 50m.. (with BK's ACE arrow in the top background as proof)..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home