Melancholic Rhetoric

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Archery training today was different.. yet all the while fun..


Implemented several new systems.. the whistler system (as i would like to call it).. and the check-for-updates-on-multiply system.. Basically the whistler system is a system where all the archers shoot and retrieve at the same time.. given 4 minutes to OTOT.. then after that retrieve regardless if you have shot all your arrows or not.. the other system.. well.. basically it explains its self...


Shot 40cm face at 18m.. Competition next week.. must buck up.. I was shooting so crappily that at one moment i was thinking of dropping out of the competition.. hahahaha.. Not ready mahh.. feeling hopeless.. coz when i consulted guolong.. he can't find the source of my crap shooting.. basically they all have a grouping.. but they always end up at the bottom right on the blue margin.. so.. shot crappily for the most of the morning.. Really thought of dropping out from the competition.. but... coming to the end of the compulsory training time period.. I found, or rather me and guolong, found the source of all my troubles.. My anchor point..!! The anchor was on the wrong side of the nose.. It's either my bow arm, my release or my anchor point that gives me problems.. but was cut short from my euphoria of shooting.. had to go for lunch with the gang..


Then off to more shooting.. got my form back so was happy shooting at the pins to regain my aiming confidence.. then i joined kailin and christine with their taking down of scores.. So there we were the 3 of us.. shooting a 40cm face at 18m.. damn hard to shoot lehh.. as sam and yazid would like to put it.. coz the target paper so darn small.. Everytime we retrieved.. I always looked to the other board at the other archers.. And somehow i looked over at rachel and her Beman carbon arrows.. wwwoooo.. carbon arrows sia.. the only carbons allowed in standard class.. And i watched as she had trouble pulling her arrows out of the board.. And also watch in agony as that dumb asshole taufiq who thinks he's so clever and helpful.. actually bend rachel's arrows as he pulled them out for her.. i was like "tsk tsk" and shook my head.. then i went over to sarcastically say that rachel's arrows bent.. then go spinning it in front of rachel and taufiq.. Damn.. beman arrows expensive arrows like any other carbon arrows.. and he can bend it like that.. walao.. honestly.. if u take one of rachel's arrows and try spinning them.. u can actually see how badly bent there are.. And all thanks to that "helpful" taufiq.. Honestly.. i don't like his i-know-everything attitude.. and he believes he's actually helping adelia with her form when he's making it even worse for her.. I just told adelia to change her sight, change her grip, twist her arm in and to work on her release and she's was shooting fine alrdy.. No need to do those "act cute" stuff to act like u know everything about archery.. it ain't gonna change anything..


so i shot together with christine and kailin.. taking down our scores.. walao.. now huiting also call me Hafiz-si.. thanks ahh kailin and christine... hahahahahahahaha.... So just shot and shot.. Chinyan was also shooting on the same board.. She was tuning her bow.. she upping to C-class mahh.. got all those plunger, stabs, steps thingys that she has to adjust to.. she really gave me some great advice.. Thx chinyan..!! She said.. that i should see all yellow.. and that really worked..!! I was shooting my last few ends with and average of 23/30.. good sia.. Thx again chinyan..!! So.. tabulated our scores.. christine got 167/300.. kailin got 146/300 and i got 197/300... Really a great improvement for me.. the last time i shot i got 135/300.. so there's a major improvement of 62 points there.. woooo..!! chinyan challenged me to a shoot out.. so i accept lerr.. it's a real honour to shoot against team captain lehh... so i shot.. my first arrow ended at 1.. aarrgghhh..!! then followed by 10 and 8.. that adds up to 19.. chinyan got 21.. walao.. only 2 points..!! damn.. why did i have to buang my arrow until like that wann..?!?!? ahahaha..!! it was fun though.. unset field.. Played badminton.. then went off to dinner at tiong bahru..


Talked cock all thru the dinner sia.. Very funny...!!! So went home with shwajuan and guolong as usual.. talked about the funny things that we have ever come across while taking the MRT.. wow..!! never have i seen shwajuan laughed so much before.. and never have i seen guolong act so gay before.. LoL..!! hahahhahahahahahahaha...!! Real funny sia... It's great to be with them.. it really is.. so tmr got more training.. now i've finally weeded out my true mistakes.. I'm gonna shoot like crazy..!! eeeeeeeeeeeeeee........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home