Melancholic Rhetoric

Thursday, March 02, 2006

My Lovely Gurl Best Friend

This entry is entirely dedicated to the wonderful friendship that I have with Jorence Ng Bao Xian..

Well.. We've been friends for 2 years now.. And throughout this time, we have bonded ever closely.. We weren't really that close at first.. Until came the year 2005.. Our form teacher Mr Ben Tan attempted to strengthen my class' unity and he made a particular seating plan.. And i found myself sitting right next to Bao Xian.. It's basic human nature to talk and interact with a friend at such close proximity.. And that's wat we did..

We did many things together.. We laughed together.. We studied together.. We suan people together.. We sang together.. We danced together.. We even CRIED together.. We comforted each other when either of us were down.. We had fun together in times of euphoria..

As she's the only close gurl friend that I have.. I got to experience a rare insight into the world of a gurl.. From her delicate feelings.. Her fragile emotions.. her interesting behaviour.. Her moods Her tastes.. her likes and dislikes.. etc.. And vice versa too of coz.. I'm the only guy she can trust without taking advantage of her in any way..

It is thru the times of sorrow that we have bonded so close together.. Most of the time she's the one always feeling down.. There was a particular moment, a day where she could no longer stand the pressure and stress of the then "O" lvls that she ultimately broke down and fell.. It took a whole lot of comforting and even tears from me and the assistance of Ben Tan to get her up standing tall and proud again.. To retrieve her from the dark menacing hole that she unfortunately fell into..

From the advice of Ben Tan, I was to keep the most of my attention on her.. Monitoring her progress.. It was a promise i made to Ben Tan.. To look after Bao Xian.. It is a promise that i will never break.. I always had to report her progress to him.. I went thru with her a series of what Ben Tan called "rehabilitation periods"... I was to talk to her over lunch.. To keep her letting out her frustrations, her problems, to lift the weight of her shoulders.. I was to take care of her from unnecessary mishaps.. I became her counsellor, her helping hand, her shoulder on which to cry on, her listening ear, her blanket of security and ultimately her best friend..

It is thru these moments that we spend together that the feelings of friendship really cement itself.. From then on.. We have always been together as best friends of coz.. there was a moment where people taught we were a couple.. How immature..!! We have always regarded ourselves as best friends, no more no less.. Well... There is a point in life where you have to part ways.. But we always keep in touch though.. Calling and sms-ing each other.. She's the one with always asking questions about this, about that..

I do cherish all the moments that i spend with her.. In times of happiness and in times of sorrow.. I've come to enjoy all the times i've spent with her.. It's like having a bubbly sister.. Somehow i have come to love her company.. I love her.. She's the Bestest best friend that i have ever made in my life...

Love ya gurl..

Twis..!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home