Melancholic Rhetoric

Friday, August 18, 2006

I came across these videos accidentally.. Dunno how.. maybe a light of revelation of God.. But sure know why.. Seeing me in confusion.. I have seeked help from Him.. And not only has He answered my prayers.. He gave me a further,deeper insight into this religion that i love so much.. I think this is my life.. To walk the path of life and to be questioned with thoughts of this final era.. Then in this state of confusion.. I gain somewhat "enlightenment".. "Enlightenment" of knowing in much greater detail what my religion has to offer for me.. And what role i play in this final act.. I play a role as an ambassador... An ambassador of lailahaillallah muhammadarrosulallah.. An ambassador of soft power.. the soft power of Islam.. The soft persuasive power to let people want to do something.. To let people know.. to share with people the wonders, the wisdom, the hikmat of this great religion that i have embraced since birth.. Gosh.. The amount of wisdom that He has given me.. Alhamdullilah.. And at a very young age at that.. Masyaallah.. the power of wisdom and the power of God.. Oh well.. I'll just leave these religious conferences of wisdom to talk in person.. There's so much to say.. Yet so little time and opportunities..


Basically.. These videos have only one imam in them, Sheikh Hamza Yusuf... An American imam.. One of the most well-versed imam in english i have ever come across... And one whom I have come to admire..
The last video may take some time to load.. So while waiting for it to load.. Please feel free to watch the other, shorter videos..


The first video is about the character of The Prophet Muhammad s.a.w..



The next one is about the signs of Hari Kiamat, The Day of Judgement.. He explains some of the signs but not all of them which he explains as too depressing..



A talk that Sheikh Hamza Yusuf gave at the ICNA: Why Islam? Symposium... I like this one very, VERY much..



And finally.. The last one.. The longest one.. It's about an hour... So please have the patience to watch it.. It explains some of the situations of Muslim youths.. It explains how watching TV is bad.. Coincidentally in par with the fact that i don't watch TV as well.. Hahahahahaha....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home