Melancholic Rhetoric

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Sp orientation week Day 2

First up was the "Glimpse of Life in EEE" workshop.. Basically it ain't a workshop at all.. It's just an ice-breaker session with my class.. Upon the attendance marking.. I realised that my class has more people then i ever thought at first.. The new faces basically ponteng-ed yesterday's spice training so didn't see their faces..

I've made good friends with two particular people.. A gurl, Fadila, and a guy Hakim.. I think our friendship is gonna blossom like the predaconian clan in my former 4D.. They're really friendly people..

Well.. Played that famous ice-breaker game "wacko" and a ball throwing game dat really needs good cooperation.. Then got one part where we ahd to construct a satellite using straws, masking tape and raffia string... It was really fun coz we had very little time so everyting was just cut, tie and paste.. It was real funny... Then we were given a 3 hour break till our next programme.. Well.. Met up wif ahmad then went to FC3 and ate together wif hakim.. fadila went hanging out wif the other gurls..

The next thing i know.. Half of the class ponteng the next programme which was a 3 hour long DIP.. The first part of it was in a lecture hall whr i slept of coz.. LoL..!! I just can't stand it.. Yesterday i barely had sufficent rest.. One whole day out of the house.. Well.. the second part of DIP was really fun.. First, my tutor was very beyond-the-classromm type.. He told us what bioelectronics was all about and how it'll help me secure a job in the future.. And also how doctors are failures.. LoL..!! He said dat their job is to sustain the life of patients.. But one can never deny the fact that death never stops to rest and we'll all die one day.. So if the doctor's job is to sustain the life of the patients.. The patients eventually die.. yet people pay them a lot.. So we're all paying failures.. LoL..!!

We got to use several hi-tech medical equipment... We measured heart rate, percentage of oxygen in each inhalation and the blood pressure by attaching wires to electrodes pasted to the hands and the feet.. We got to use the ultrasound scanner too.. It was real fun.. Then we also got to use the various software to compile data.. Like testing the amount of force a person has in a grip.. My grip strength.. 30.89 kg.. For a small kid.. i have a rather strong grip as told by the tutor.. So gurls.. If u ever get to hold hands wif me.. ya'll be really comforted when i grip ur hands and make ya'll feel secure.. And ya'll definitely not want me to let go.. LoL..!!

Tmr got flag-day.. I dunno whr to go sia.. dowan to go to my allocated area of yishun.. Far sia..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home