Melancholic Rhetoric

Monday, February 14, 2011

Yet again..

I'm torn between archery and paintball..

The moment I got motivated and inspired to give archery another try, to give it as much committment as I did in the past, I get torn away again. Blown away by the adrenaline rush of paintball. Swayed by the infinite possibilities that the sport provides. The multitude of experiences.

I had a great day of paintball yesterday. Had a couple of good skirmishes with team biltz again. They're real damn nice to play against. But the main highlight would be the end of the day drills i had with Big Ben and Darren. It was nice. I waited quite some time, till nearing the end of the day, to let everyone leave the field before I approached Ben to help me with some drills.

He taught us a bit of the fundamentals every player should have. He's mainly a back player, so he taught us back player stuff.. But he did his best to share with us his experiences of watching how people play the snake and i daresay some of the tricks were damn good..

Also had a nice chat with Ben about team sponsorships and how the Red Sevens have been playing in overseas tournaments. He told me about how Dye has helped alot with his team and also the development of paintball in Singapore.

Maybe Heartbreakers could get a sponsorship. Either Eclipse or Dye.

Coming back to the initial topic. I have spent a significant amount of time playing paintball with the coming of the new year. it's like twice every month. And archery. Rainy season. Exams. No field booking. I haven't shot this year yet. That's how sad it is. And watching SP Open. Yes. It does bring tinglings in the upper extremities of how it felt like to compete. The memories of it all. Watching the other teams compete. *sigh*. I've never really been good at archery at all. Nothing won out of it for the past 4 years participating in the sport. Nothing at all.

So is it still worth pursuing the sport anymore..?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home